Where have I been, you ask? Planning a wedding! Whew, its lots of work...and so much fun! I wanted to share a little sneak peek of all the wonderfulness to come, so, for those of you who are coming to the wedding, act surprised! Our colors will be Robins Egg, Grass, Pumpkin, & Chocolate. We have chosen The Barr Mansion & Artisan Ballroom for the ceremony and reception. Its gorgeous, and happens to be a green facility.
Here are some awesome green facts about Barr Mansion:
- The nations first and ONLY Certified Organic events facility
- Food USDA Certified Organic by Oregon Tilth
- Gardens are Certified Organic and Certified Wildlife Habitat
- The Green Restaurant Association's Highest Scoring Restaurant
- A Zero Waste facility diverting 97% of our waste stream
- Linens organic cotton, hemp, linen or recycled fabric
- All food waste goes to compost and back to the gardens
- Local, local, local - from vegetables to curtain rods
- 100% post-consumer paper from Austin's waste stream for office
- Austin GreenChoice Renewable Energy Partner
And here is a sneak peek at some of the wedding pretties!
I can't wait!